Friday, December 16, 2011

Florida Trip

Last week we went and visited my parents in Florida. WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES ARE IN THIS POST :)

This was the boys first trip on an airplane (AHH) so I was very anxious about the traveling part. Josh and I both noticed as we were struggling to get up to the ticket counter that everyone was looking at us like "great....they are on our flight"...I wanted to say don't worry people I've got this under control!! I was armed with ear numbing drops, toys, pacifiers, benadryl, snacks, ipad...you name it I had it ready to whip out at any sudden cry. However, they were perfect angels. Neither of them made a peep!! The first plane was from Baton Rouge to Atlanta and because of the way the seating was we had to have both kids on one side because of oxygen masks and so Josh sat on that side with both kids, Brooks in lap and Cade in the seat next to him and they all slept!! It was so great for me because I was able to read my magazine and "enjoy" the flight (I hate flying so I enjoyed it as much as I could). I couldn't resist this picture :)


On the second flight Cade played with the Ipad (which we all know he can work better than any of us) and Brooks slept again. Cade loved watching the plane take off and land. He would blow kisses to the other airplanes and wave bye bye and as soon as we got in the air he would become uninterested and either sleep or play on the Ipad. I mean I just couldn't ask for better children. Here is a picture of us getting ready on our second flight. This time we all got to sit together, which was nice.

We had a great trip. The whole family greeted us at the airport and then we had lunch. We were all so tired from getting up so early to fly out that we went home that day and just relaxed and enjoyed being together and playing with the kids. I have missed my little nephew Briggs so much I just couldn't wait to get my hands on him!! I spoiled him with my kisses....he is such a cutie and is always smiling, I LOVE him!!! Brooks and him were so cute together, they are going to be great buds!!


(I had to throw this picture in b/c it is so cute....Cade is playing on his Ipad with uncle Justin on the computer...that kid is a wiz on the Ipad!!!)
The next day we took the boys to their first trip to the beach. Cade did not like the water...it was pretty cold being that it is December but he wouldn't get even close to it to figure that out. He enjoyed the sand though and he liked watching the birds. Brooks didn't like the sand at all, we tried to get some cute pictures but he hated the feel of the sand....maybe next time.


How adorable is Briggs....He is always smiling...love him!!



We had a big Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner that night with the whole family that was delicious!! There is something about my own mom's cooking that no one can ever replace...yummy! We took some family pics and then my sister and I got to go on a date that night to go and see a movie that we had both been wanting to see. We had a lot of fun and RaRa and Poppa got to babysit while the other boys got ready for their all day fishing trip the next day.







I love this pic...as you can see Cade still had his little bump and bruise from his little accident the other weekend :) Makes pictures even more memorable!!

Our last day there the guys went on a fishing trip at Charlotte's Cove. They had a lot of fun, not much luck but like my dad said any bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office. Meanwhile, the girls and babies went shopping and did some damage at the mall. Cade and I got to ride the mall choo choo train....we tried to get pictures but the train was too quick for us!!



We had a great time hanging out with the family and just being together. We have everyone together about 3-4 times a year so we have to soak up every memory while we can!! Cade really developed a liking towards my dad, he would cry if he would go out of sight and would always call for his Poppa when he wasn't home. He loves playing with RaRa and he knows exactly how to get what he wants with her :) It is so sweet to see him have such a connection with my parents even though he doesn't get to see them as often as his other grandparents. That is so important to me!! Hopefully one day soon we will all be closer in distance... It makes it so hard, especially with the little ones, to be so far apart. Saying goodbye is never easy.


The flight home was a little more interesting. Our last night there Cade developed a fever so we were up all night dealing with that. As most of you know, our kids get sick ALOT!! More on that later but on our first flight home the kids were great but I wound up reserving the worst seats on the plane....Josh was on the very last row with Cade which had no window, was right next to the engine, and no air vents. Brooks and I were one row ahead of them so we couldn't see much going on. Both kids were great again, they both slept. However when we landed Cade was very fussy when he woke up because he had developed a 103.6 fever during the flight and was not feeling great!! Needless to say I was really worried and we got off the plan as fast as we could to get medicine in him and strip some of those clothes off to get his fever down. Brooks then successfully peed all over his clothes so we spent the next 45 minutes trying to get the fever down and changing dirty diapers. Luckily our next plane got delayed so we had more time to get Cade's fever down. The last flight was smooth, we even had someone comment on how perfect our children were on the flight....both children slept again and we were all so glad to be home.

All in all a great trip, we have memories that will last forever!! I love my family and I love spending as much time with them as we can. Until next time...Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment