Friday, December 2, 2011

Distance makes the heart grow fonder....(Part 1)

My sister, Iris and I are two years apart. Those of you who know me know that my family means so much to me....Iris is one of the most important people in my life!!! Growing up together was so much fun and now she is my BFF and over the last decade of our lives we have really grown to be so much closer.

One of the best times between us was getting to share my last preganancy with her. We were three weeks apart in due dates and actually had our babies exactly a week apart which almost gave my mom a heart attack, not really, but it was a crazy time because we both needed her at the same time. She actually wound up missing the birth of my sister's baby because she was here taking care of my child who had a stomach virus (which she then contracted) after the birth of Brooks...I cannot say enough about how much of an amazing help my mom has been my whole life but especially the last couple of years....more on her to come in a later post :) This is a pic of me and my sis at her baby shower....




Let me just give my sister some major recognition first not finding out the sex of her baby during her preganancy and second, and most important, for having her baby naturally with no epidural...that's right...NO EPIDURAL!! She is one amazing woman!!

On May 31, 2011 Justin (her husband) and Iris welcomed a healthy, handsome little man named Briggs Eli Poland.


Now we get to enjoy the moments of our children growing up together!! The only hard part about having our kids so close together is that her little family lives in Birmingham, AL....I always dreamed of us raising our children together, maybe one day that will become a reality but for now we enjoy the moments we have together!

Look how preciouis this picture is of their first introduction....


It is so much fun swapping stories and comparing their successes and statistics while we watch them grow up. I can tell you that the distrance between us makes me miss this little guy so much with every day that passes!!!  I haven't seen Briggs in person in over two months. Technology has been such a blessing over the last couple of years. With my sister in Birmingham, my parents in Florida, and Josh's parents in Houston, and extended family everywhere in between, it helps make the distance seem a little less painful!! Next week we are flying to my parents house in Florida for a little Christmas visit and he better watch out because I can't wait to get my hands on this little booger :)

He is the sweetest little guy...he is always happy....Enjoy a few of my favorite recent pictures of him.






The last picture is from his six month check up that he had on the same day as his cousin Brooks!! He is such a cutie and a fatty....that is a good thing at this age, me and my sis both hoped for fat babies because they are so cute...right :)  I think we accomplished having both chubby and beautiful children!!

Head: 17 1/4 (I don't know what measurement this is but hopefully it's not cm b/c my kids are almost triple this size at 6 months...haha)

Weight: 18lb 9 oz (70th %)

Heigh 27 in (70th %)

I look forward to the many years we have with all of our kids growing up together!! I pray for the day that God convicts her & her family to move closer to me ;)  but regardless, even if it never happens we will always cherish the memories we make!! Love you all!! You can follow my sis on her blog http://justinandiris.blogspot.com/ Stay tuned for more on this little guy....

2 comments:

  1. Haha..well you weren't very subtle in your feelings about how you want us to move back to BR...maybe I want you to move to Birmingham and then all our problems would be solved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only it were that easy...I wish it were I would be there in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete