Friday, December 2, 2011

Distance makes the heart grow fonder...(Part 2)

Sorry in advance...this one may be lengthy but bare with me, it's necessary :) Most of you know that we have no immediate family in Baton Rouge, which makes it tough sometimes when we have to juggle sick kids, date nights, or just normal activites where help would be nice, such as a quick trip to the grocery store. However, Josh and I both have amazing families that are willing to step up and help whenever I admit that I do need help...which is sometimes hard to do because I enjoy doing it all myself. All the moms out there can probably sympathize with me that sometimes you can't do it all, no matter how much you want to!! I wanted to give a little recongnition where it is due and also introduce our amazing, loving, families who have sacrificed, loved and supported both Josh and I through our lives. We literally wouldn't be where we are today without any of them :)

Josh's Family


Josh's parents live in Kingwood, TX, which is where he grew up most of his life. Josh's daughter, Danielle (Dani) also lives in Spring, TX (which is close to Kingwood) with her mom. We get to see her 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekends of every month and extended times during the summer and holidays. It is a huge help to have his parents close by to Dani, more times than not they bring her to Baton Rouge so that we can spend time with her in our home as a family. When we do go to Houston, it is always so great that we have a wonderful place to stay and enjoy the family.

His parents are wonderful, Godly people and are a great example to us and our children, they have always been so generous, loving and giving of themselves to us. They never hesitate to help in any way they can. It has been great getting to know them over the years and having them embrace me as their second daughter. Most importantly, they raised my husband into a Godly, honorable man and I am truly grateful to them for that!!

Josh's sister, Amanda got married two months ago to "Uncle Baine". They currently live in Baton Rouge while he is going to school for his masters degree and she is substitute teaching. They are looking forward to traveling and within the next year Baine will be pursuing his PHD at a college in Colorado. We will miss them a lot but hopefully the blog will help keep them up to date with the family :)

Then we have my family


This is kind of an outdated picture but don't worry we will get a more recent one next week when we go to Florida for a visit...so excited!! My parents currently live in Venice, Florida as well as my little brother Russ. He is a senior in high school and is graduating this year...AHH!! I cannot believe how fast he has grown up!! He was our little blessing that came 9 years after my parents were blessed wtih their favorite child...me :) )(J/J....my mom will tell you I am the one that gave her all of her grey hair).

My family has moved around a lot over the years. I was born in Florence, AL then we moved to Jasper, AL, Mandeville, LA, Mobile, AL, Denham Springs, LA (which is where i got left behind by choice) then they continued on to Virginia and are now in Florida...whew!! My dad is in retail so he gets transferred a lot. I didn't care for moving when I was a kid but as I grew older I have learned to appreciate it more b/c now I know a lot of people from different places and it forced me not to be shy! We are hoping and praying within the next year they will be transferred closer to the grandkids and all the family...they are hoping to get my brother through his last year of high school.

My parents are AMAZING and they have put up with soooo much from me over the years but in the end I turned out pretty darn good and I give them credit for that part :) My mom will drop whatever she is doing at the blink of an eye and be here as quick as she can...literally, (I called her last week and she was here within 24 hours)!! She is an amazing woman and one of my best friends. She will tell you I call her about 10 times a day just to talk, anytime I am in the car...usually I am on the phone with her just talking about the kids or how my day was. She is always there to encourage me and lift me up when I need anything!! She is so selfless in all she does and truly loves to serve and help others. Most of all she is a Godly woman who seeks the Lord and I truly admire her for who she is. I can only hope that I will be half as good of a mom as she was to me!! My dad is a rock solid man of God and when he talks you better listen!! He has worked so hard to provide for our family and has done a great job! They have both sacrificed so much for me throughout my life and I am so thankful for God blessing me with such amazing parents. I really don't know where I would be without them!! Our family has a bond that is unbreakable and so special and I am very grateful for that!

My sister and her husband Justin live in Birmingham. They have a precious little baby boy named Briggs. If you want to know more about him see my last post...Part one of this one :) They are awesome though and Justin has been a great addition to our family. He provides a solid, Godly foundation for my sister and their little boy...we love him!!
As you can see God has truly blessed us with supportive, loving, beautiful, caring, gracious, selfless families on both sides!! Sometimes being loved so much makes it hard to split our time...but I try to tell myself that is a great problem to have and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way....well aside from having everyone live on my street :)   Remember to always cherish the memories with your family...distance has made my heart grow fonder!!! We love you all!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet post..and just for the record...I'm the favorite child :) Really we both know it's Russ b/c he gets all the special treatment since he is the baby...LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete