Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Christmas Season...


 
You can always tell when it is the Christmas season at our house because I order mostly all of our Christmas stuff online....usually from Amazon. The boys have particularly enjoyed the boxes this year and getting to play in them....which keeps them busy for quite some time!!
 
 


 
They were being silly here and "pretending" that they were asleep!!
 
 
We did have to get a few things at the stores, so they dressed in their Christmas tie shirts and we headed out to finish up the shopping!
 
 
 

Cade loves wearing his Santa hat....and his Santa pajamas...he is pretending that "he is sleeping" like his PJ's say :) 
 
They did a great job helping me decorate the Christmas tree this year and have occassionally helped me un-decorate the tree...although for the most part they really don't mess with it aside from asking me to plug the lights in.
 
They were even great helpers in getting our nativity scene set up outside....except we set it up backwards, soooo daddy fixed it for us when he got home!! I knew something wasn't right with it....hehe!
 
 
 
The boys had PJ day at daycare the same day I had the ugly sweater party at my work.....so we took a group picture that morning of our cuteness/tackiness!!
 
Last year I decided I would start a tradition of painting a Christmas plate with the kids so that when they get older I will have a whole place setting. This year the painting went much smoother, if you recall last year it was a mess!! The boys were sleeping so Dani and I went in to prepare the plates and then we brought the boys in and slapped the paint ont their foot and we were all done....You can tell they all really enjoy participating in this event :) Oh well, it makes mommy happy in the end and it is quick and painless....for the most part :)
 
This year we did a Mistle"toes" plate.....the girl at the pottery store is going to paint the words on it for me since last year my attempt at writing was poor. The finished product will be done in about a week, I can't wait to see it!!
 

 
 
And some of my personal favorites of the kids in front of the Christmas tree....


 
 
 
Have I ever mentioned that Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday??!! I love everything that goes along with it.... the music, cookies, food, presents, decorations, but most of all I love giving and remembering/reflecting the true meaning of Christmas, which is Jesus Christ being born into the world to ultimately save us from our sins so that we may live eternally in Heaven!!! What an amazing gift!!
 
John 3:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment