Friday, December 21, 2012

Date Weekend

It's that time of year when the Christmas Parties are at their prime and Josh and I took advantage of that for one whole weekend WITHOUT KIDS!!!
 
I know this blog is mainly dedicated to the kids, but every once in a while I like to feature mom and dad too!!!
 
First night we attended my work Christmas party at the Country Club of LA. We pulled up and the Coca Cola Christmas truck was there with Santa...I thought it was a little odd that they rented that out for a CPA firm's Christmas party, but once we got inside I realized there were two parties at once going on and the other was Coca Cola....which made much more sense!!
 
But we had a great time, ate some really great food and mingled with the co-workers.
 
 
 

The next night we took a little trip to New Orleans for Josh's work Christmas party at the House of Blues!!!
 
We once again had a ton of fun, ate some wonderful, Nola style food and danced the night away, ha ok not really, but we watched other people dance the night away while we mingled with his co-workers. 

 I did get Josh on the dance floor for one slow song with me....
 
And then a fast song came on after that and he started to bust some moves, but for the sake of his reputation we quickly exited the dance floor!! 
 
 We had a really fun night together, alone...which doesn't happen as often as it should!!

 
Below is me with my sequin skirt...I can't tell you how excited I was to get to wear my "sequin skirt" haha!! It was a fun outfit!! 
 After the party we took a stroll through the Quarter and down Bourbon Street....which I must say every time I do that I wonder WHY?? The Quarter was very pleasant, Bourbon street, not so much!!

 
 
The next morning we ate breakfast at the popular little place right next to our hotel, known as Mothers. It was FABULOUS!!!!! 

 
You can see we had quite a spread of food...they are best known for their ham, which was I can attest was YUMMY!!!! 
 
After we ate breakfast we took a stroll to get some coffee and then it was back home to see the kids!! 

What an awesome weekend and thanks to Josh's parents and Danielle (the babysitter, not our daughter) for keeping the kids!! We enjoyed our much needed get-away together!!
 
Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment