Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Morning

We had a wonderful Christmas!! I set up the stockings the night before the excitement began....
 
 
 


 
I woke up at 6 am super excited, I got breakfast in the oven, got the video camera ready, and then NO ONE was awake!!!! I had to wait until 6:45 and finally I decided it was time to open presents, so I woke Josh up, we woke up the kids and off they went!!!
 
They were so fast, I only got Cade coming down the hallway!
(He does look like he is crying and he was because we were making him wait to come out until I had the cameras ready, trust me the tears faded quickly!)



 
Dani had fun going through all of her stuff!!


Cade started opening his gifts one by one....
 
More present opening fun!!!!  
 
You probably noticed Brooks was not in the present opening pics, that is because the poor little guy was so hungry he just hopped up in daddy's lap and ate trail mix while he watched everyone else open gifts. He was quite cranky this morning, but he cheered up fast when he started opening his gifts.




 
Daddy with his "meat slicer"....I still don't know what he is going to do with that??!! But that's what he wanted :)
Daddy also got some new sunglasses, some roller blades (to help Dani to learn how) and some new shirts and a repaired shotgun.



 
Here is my stash....since I was the picture taker, I decided to take a shot of my gifts instead of myself. I got some great presents!!! Josh gave me some Costa sunglasses, Dani got me the sno cone machine, and I got myself a few things that I needed/wanted like a new straightener (since mine broke) and a purse, Toms and some other small things.

 
Brooks decided to venture into the toy cabinet and get out some old books in the midst of opening gifts....I guess he just had present overload??!!


 
Dani with all her presents. She is at a very hard age and her only thing on her "list" was a laptop bag!! While that would have been cheap and easy I had to get creative....so she got some roller blades, towel wrap, monogrammed blanket, clothes, a name necklace, dance dance revolution for the Wi, some shoes, rubber boots, and finally a sewing machine....which she wound up not liking :/. I took a gamble with that one since she told me she wanted to be a "fashion designer" recently but it was evident on her sweet little face when I asked her if she liked it and she really tried to say "Yeah"...so I told her we could take it back for something else she would like....oh well, I tried :) She was very sweet and appreciative, I could tell she felt bad for telling me she didn't like it. I love her little heart!!

 
Dad and Dani both got a set of these bad boys, Socker Boppers, and we were all hitting each other all day!!

 
This was the boys big gift.....A JEEP!!
 
They also got some airplanes, Buzz and Rex from Toy Story, some camouflage clothes, and some other little toys. They also opened gifts from my parents which were a toy train and a little BBQ set for outside.



 
We had a great time playing with our toys all day!! It was a really nasty day outside but we were able to catch about an hour of sunshine for the boys to go riding in their new jeep!! Cade has to drive because the pedal is so far but since he is our little cautious one, it may take some time for him to get used to driving it!! Brooks really tried but his little legs aren't quite long enough.

 
As I said "O the weather outside was frightful" and at about 3 p.m. we received a tornado warning until 3:30 pm....the boys were napping but we ran in and got them and hunkered down in the hallway until we got the all clear...luckily no major damage around us but a tornado did touch down a couple of miles away.
 
 
We are certainly blessed and had a really great Christmas!!!! We are so grateful for all that we received today in gifts and love. We had a traditional yummy day of food as well, breakfast casserole for breakfast and gumbo for lunch!! What we are most grateful for is that we have been given the gift of salvation through the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is and always will be the greatest gift of all. We hope your families had a wonderful Christmas as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment