Friday, May 16, 2014

Prep for the Birthday Bash

One of my favorite times of the year is upon us!! The birthday celebration of our two, sweet little boys!
 
This year we decided to go with a superhero theme for their birthday party!! So first on the list was to get some "themed" pictures taken for their birthday party to display. Now while I am no photographer, I can usually crank out a couple of decent pictures if I take a TON!
 
So we headed to a local new construction area and took a few "outfit changes" and off we went!
 
My favorite of the day.....
 
 
But that was taken after we struggled through the ones below!!
 
I really wanted to take a "Superman" picture of Cade with a white shirt on and his superman shirt underneath and him holding it open...you know the "classic" superman pose with the glasses (aka Dani's glasses)
 
BUT he was not having it!!! He really wanted to be Robin that day, so I tried to get his inner superman to come out, but it just wasn't going to happen!!

 
His "flying" pose was even lacking....so we decided to move on!! LOL

 
Brooks was up next as the "Lone Ranger" and man did he get into it!!! He loved this picture op and I was loving him!!! Doesn't he look like a miniature Lone Ranger??!! LOVE IT!





 
Finally Cade got to dress up like Robin and he was excited to take his pictures!





We got Brooks suited up in Batman and the snapping began!!
 
(this is only about 1/3 of the pictures I took, but I think I got some good ones and certainly some ones that I could use for the party)
 
Their shirts and masks came from Etsy courtesy of "Justkidndesigns"







 
After the pictures were done, then it was on to the next project of shopping for supplies, making the birthday sign, putting together the games, food, and other details.


 
You can see from the invitations below (courtesy of "Chasing Life Design" on Etsy and Office Depot)  that we originally planned to have the party at Greenwood Park, however the weather did NOT cooperate and we had to move the party the DAY BEFORE to our church inside at the youth building called "The Crossing". They were gracious enough to let us use the building for the first time ever for an event like this, but it worked out perfectly and I think almost turned out better being inside.
 
The weather also forced me to rent an inflatable jumper to help entertain the kids. Luckily Amusements of Denham Springs had a Spiderman jumper left on Friday afternoon that I was able to go pick up...which worked out perfectly!!!
 
We also attached this little piece of paper to all the invitations that weren't family asking people not to bring gifts, mainly because the boys DO NOT need any more toys!!!

Below is a little script for a superhereo vs. villain game that we played with the kids that I found on Pinterest. CUTEST game ever and the kids LOVED playing it. See here more about the party!!


It's hard to ready so here is the script:
 
Superhero Birthday Script
You will need:
A hero trainer
A Villian
Small balloons
Poison (balls of aluminum foil)
Tongs (several sets)
Poison control containers
Silly String
Noise Makers
Water guns
 
Hero Trainer: Thank you for all coming to the superhero birthday party! I am so glad you could make it today because I’ve heard there’s an evil villain close by who likes to try and ruin birthday parties.
 
(Evil laugh as villain runs through party area dropping “bomb” balloons)
 
Villian: “No one ever invited me to birthday parties when I was little so I’ve dedicated my life to destroying birthday parties – these bombs should do the trick – I think they’ll be a blast!
 
Hero Trainer: “Oh no- okay it’s a good thing you’re all here –there’s only one way to defuse the bombs – we have to sit on them! Everyone hurry – diffuse all of the bombs by sitting on them until they pop!
 
Popping of balloons and random child chaos enues. Bombs are popped and the evil plan is thwarted
 
Hero Trainer: “Great job everyone-you are true superheros!”
 
Another evil laugh as villain runs through the party area
 
Villian: “I don’t care if you think you are superheros- I destroy birthday parties and that’s what I am going to do AND non of you will stop me! So you burst my bombs? You can’t burst poison!!”
 
Villian makes a big show of showing the poison as he scatters it thoughout the designated poison area! Evil laugh as the villain exits
 
Hero Trainer: “Poison?? Nobody move! We’ll need superhero tools to foil this evil plan!”
 
Pass out the tongs to kids
 
Hero Trainer: “This will allow us to pick up the poison without touching it – everyone carefully use the superhero tools to pick up the poison and place it in the poison control bucket”
 
More mass chaos and hysteria and kids attempt to pick up poison without piercing each others ears with tongs. Poison is controlled.
 
Hero Trainer: “Great job superheros!” You’re the greatest collection of superheros ever assembled! For all of your hard work you’ve earned your superhero masks!
 
Pass out masks
 
Villian enters
 
Villian: “Not again”
 
Villian screams as he runs hysterically through the party
 
Villian:  “You defused my bombs, you cleaned up my poison spill, that’s okay I am not giving up! Ill be back you will see!! You can’t have a birthday party without birthday cake! I have something especially evil in mind for that, I’ll be back, you will see!”
 
Evil laugh as Villian exits the party area.
 
Hero Trainer: “Not the cake?! Okay superheros I was afraid something like this might happen, but not to worry, superheros are always prepared!”
 
Pass out silly string and noise makers
 
Hero Trainer: This is superhero sting and those are superhero noise makers! And it will protect the cake and presents. When the villain returns you will need to spray him with the superhero string and make lots of noise with your noise makers to stop him from stealing the cake and ruining the party! Now we’ll have to practice first, this is how we use the superhero string.”
 
Demo string use. Demo noise makers
 
Hero Trainer: Okay are we ready?
 
Villian enters with evil laugh
 
Villian: “I told you I would ruin this party! Now where is that birthday cake?”
 
Villian steps towards the birthday cake
 
Hero Trainer: “Now Superheros!”
 
Prompts kids to spray villain with string and make noise
 
Villian is defeated!!
 
Lead children in celebration of high fives and cheers.
 
Hero Trainer offers a chance for the villain to turn from his evil ways. He agrees and they share cake.
I had some of my sunday school girls volunteer to help me execute the game and it turned out so cute!!!
 
 
Friday afternoon I picked up the cake, food, organized and prepared the food, decorations and details. Friday night we went up to the Crossing and moved chairs and then arrived early Saturday morning to do the final preparations. Guests started arriving at 8:50 and the party began!!! Check out the post about the birthday party to see how it all turned out!!



No comments:

Post a Comment