Saturday, October 5, 2013

First Squirrel Hunt!

This morning was a day for the memory books!! Cade's first hunt ever, squirrel hunt!! Josh woke up early at 5:15, scooped Cade out of bed and as they were walking out the door I heard Cade say "Are we going to squirrel hunt?" to which Josh replied "Yes, but you can go back to sleep for a little while" and Cade said "Can we get donuts first??!!" 

I couldn't help but chuckle as I fell back asleep! With no time to stop for donuts, he quickly forgot about that request, and off they went! 

Josh said he did good being his first time and the fact that he was three years old!! Josh said his version of sitting still was constantly moving his hands around and saying "quietly"...."I am being very still daddy"!!

Can you find Cade??!

Despite the movement, luckily two squirrels popped out of the trees and Daddy wasted no time!



Cade was so proud when they got home and rushed in to show me his his kill of the day followed by "can you cook them for us??"......And it begins!! 




Josh said they had a great time, Cade said it was "SO FUN", so I would say the first hunt was a great success. It is the beginning of many more!!

Meanwhile, Brooks got a donut date with mom....I tried my best to keep him entertained, but despite my efforts he constantly questioned when Daddy and Cade would be home.

Luckily he didn't fully understand what was going on, so when they got home he got a special ride on the 4-wheeler. Next year it will be his turn!! 


Until next hunting trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment