Thursday, July 26, 2012

North Carolina Weekend Vacay....

This past weekend Josh, Dani, DD & Grandpere went to visit Aunt Mandie and Uncle Baine in North Carolina where they have been leading a rock climbing camp all summer.

I hear they had a great trip and I wanted to share some pictures of the fun they had together...

They did lots of hiking, sightseeing and saw some beautiful waterfalls.




One of Dani's highlights of the trip were the white squirrels. She said Josh was feeding them peaches. That is also what she got as her souvenir...a stuff animal of course, not a real one, although I am sure she would have enjoyed bringing a real one home just to get a reaction from me :)

The highlight of the trip for Josh and Dani was the white water kayaking. Although Josh said she got pretty scared on some parts, he said she overcame her fear and did a great job!

Here they are getting their instructions from the guide...



Dani has on the yellow helmet....



 He is taking the rapids like a champ!!


Go Grandpere.....

Looking good Aunt Mandie....

 Baine looks like he has done this before.....
 This picture reminds me of myself and how I would probably look if I had to do something like this.....scared.....haha!!
There goes DD...I love her face...
 And there goes Josh....he looks like a pro!!



She looks relieved it is over but ready to do it again!! 


The boys and I were sad we had to sit this trip out, but it was best since they wouldn't have been able to do many of the activities. Dani had a great time and it was a great conclusion to one of her last weekends here with us for the summer!! She has had a wonderful, busy, fun, exciting summer full of many adventures, making great friends and many great memories she can cherish for the rest of her life!!! More pics and posts to come about her fun summer soon (sorry waiting on pics from several people).....

No comments:

Post a Comment