Sunday, January 15, 2012

Heaven's Little Drummer Boy

I previouisly  made a post about Tripp and his mom Courtney Roth. Sadly, Tripp went to be with Jesus this past weekend on Saturday morning while he was in the arms of his mommy. It is a bittersweet blessing, for he is no longer suffering but I know that he is truly missed by so many people here. He impacted so many lives in his short 2.5 years that he spent on Earth.

For me, he taught me to be so grateful for every second I get to spend with my healthy children. In the moments where I think my day is bad or I can't take any more I remember how his strength was so admirable and his joy was so touching regardless of his pain and suffering. Courtney's dedication to taking care of him so well, every second of her day....what and amazing example of a mother's unfailing love for her child.

You never know when God will change your circumstances for the worse for his purpose beyond your understanding, which means we need to try to be grateful for the moments we have. I believe that Tripp's suffering was for a greater purpose that we will never truly comprehend but it is amazing to know that now he is suffering no longer drumming away in heaven with Jesus and all the angels. Please keep his mom and family in your prayers in the coming days, weeks and months. I cannot imagine the pain they are going through as they grieve their loss and try to redefine their lives without his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment