Tuesday, August 5, 2014

SURPRISE!!

So recently we had a little surprise spring up on us unexpectedly!!
 
Brooks walked into the kitchen one evening while I was making dinner and casually said
"Mommy how is that baby in your belly because I want a baby sister??!!"
and immediately turned and casually walked out, not waiting for my answer, which was I am sure a look of pure astonishment, worry, anxiety, and confusion.
 
Well I started thinking about details and really began to realize that I was only one day late, but I was ONE day late!!!!
 
About two weeks prior to this Josh and I had discussed that more children probably wasn't going to be in our future plans, unless God decided otherwise. We were very careful in our preventative measures, so I was almost certain that Brooks was just being silly.....but then there was a thought in the back of my mind, what if he knows something I don't??!! Sometimes I think God has a way of telling children things.
 
So the next day was 4th of July, we had plans to go to the Gould's camp with a bunch of friends. We got up and got ready, my stomach was feeling a little off but I was on steroids for a sinus infection so I just took some medicine and off we went.
 
That afternoon we got home and the boys and Josh took a nap. I was about to take a shower because Josh and I had a date that night to celebrate his promotion at work. So before I got in the shower I decided that I would just take a quick pregnancy test just to make sure, luckily I had one under the bathroom counter from many months ago.
 
So I went through the routine....waited for a minute and nothing came up so I continued to get ready, took a shower. Got out and checked one last time just to be sure. "WAIT A SECOND......is that a line???!!! I can't tell, it's too faint....." I ran and got my phone, turned on the flashlight mode, and yep, sure enough that was a LINE....meaning I was PREGNANT???!!!
 
AHHHHH immediately I started tearing up with tears of joy, unbelief, excitement, fear, disbelief. What??!! This wasn't planned, again lol but what a blessing!! I had about 45 minutes until we had to leave for our date and I had to think fast because I knew this would be our last child to have I wanted to get a little more creative when telling Josh since the last two times I had just blurted it out.
 
So I ran and locked our bedroom door, sat down at the computer and began googling. Piecing together a poem and re-wording it to fit our lives together. Shaking, trying to contain the excitement and nervousness I went and woke Josh up in the other room to get ready for our date....a night I will never forget!!
 
I have no pictures of this night....which for me to have no pictures should key you in that my mind was on one thing and one thing alone....a BABY??!! WOW!
 
So we drove all the way to the restaurant in Baton Rouge (20 minutes away) and I tried my best to maintain normalcy which if you know me at all, was SOOO hard to do!! But I did it. We arrived at Flemings for our reservation at 6:30. I waiting for the waitress to take our drink order and appetizer order. And then I calmly said "I have something to give you".
 
His response was..."Are you pregnant??!!" LOL I responded "Just read what I have to give you!!"
 
I handed him the envelope with this poem inside:
 
Every morning I wake up and see,
The most handsome man lying next to me.
You are the one I cherish and love,
A blessing sent from Heaven above.
I will always love you as a faithful wife should,
And try my best to do everything for you I could.
I hope I let you know every day,
That I love you more than words can say.
Thank you for everything you provide for our family.
For the three children that we will have together.
And the love for God in each other,
It will keep our love for each other strong.
And the Lord will guide us from all wrong.
He looked up with a HUGE smile on his face, pure joy beaming from his eyes. I didn't expect anything less, but his reaction was so calming to me. The rest of our dinner discussion was focused on the how, what, where and what about this questions of the future months ahead.
We decided to get a couple of more tests from the drug store since the one I had was so old and the line was so faint just to be sure.....well as you can see below, all three confirmed it...definitely pregnant!!!
 
Our next stop was to see our best friends and family doctor. I was on a steroid pack for my sinuses and that was one of my first worries.....so we had to get some medical advice and of course share the exciting news with our closest friends. They were shocked and very excited as well!! It got me excited to tell the rest of our family and friends....however we decided to wait a few days until telling anyone else just to let the good news soak in a little more.
 
 
We told the imeediate family about a week after we found out, it is just too hard to keep that kind of a secret! We told them all through face time since everyone is long distance and of course they were thrilled to hear the exciting news.
 
 
We waiting another week to tell the kids the exciting news. Make sure you check out the video for the full footage on that. We got them to sit down on the couch and they had to close their eyes. I gave them each a sign to hold with "1", "2", and "3" and then I sat at the end holding an arrow on mine pointing to my stomach. Dani realized what was happening first and then explained it to the boys who weren't sure about it all but started asking questions like when is the baby coming out and how big is the baby. Seriously, make sure you check out the video. It was a great moment that I will always remember!!
 
Today I had my 8 week check-up and we realized I was probably a little earlier than expected....Here are the first pictures of the little baby at about 7 weeks along....wow, God is so good, right??!! What an amazing blessing...all of this just got real!! Everything is looking great and healthy so far and it is confirmed that it is just ONE baby!! 


 
While this was not necessarily in our plans, God certainly knew it was and we are all so VERY excited for the journey ahead for our family and we absolutely cannot wait for the new little blessing that God decided to bless us with!!
 
Stay tuned for many more exciting stories, updates and pictures on this new little bundle of joy!! Will it be a boy or a girl??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment