Saturday, August 16, 2014

First Days of School

  1. First day of Pre-K for Cade at Zachary Early Learning Center and First day of 3 year Pre-K for Brooks at Bright Beginnings Daycare!!
We dropped Brooks off first and then I took Cade to school!! He was so excited, but you could tell he was a little nervous as well.
He did great though. He even took a picture with me!! I only cried just a tad, but I am so proud of him for being such a big boy at his new school!! It is just hard knowing this is the beginning of his many years in school!! They grow up so fast! 




The anticipation of picking him up for his first day was crazy!!! But I finally got him and he said he had a GREAT first day! Thumbs up all around! 


His second day he got to go to work with me because the first week of school they do a rotation of the first four days between just boys and just girls. So he was my helper for the day!

His second day back to school we let him ride the bus....this is him intently listening for the bus!!

He was so excited that he just hopped right on!!

I got a picture of his first packed lunch....he racked up of course!! I don't want him going hungry!

This is Dani's second day of 9th grade picture. (Even though it says 1st)
For memories sake, I have to document!! We had a rather rough first day of 8th grade! She refused to put in her contacts, Daddy said she had on too much make-up, she then messed her make-up up by crying and so goes the first day of a 13 year old girl to school for the 8th grade??!! 

She was 30 minutes late because we had to pull over, stop the crying, rationalize through the situation, go to walgreens for more make-up to fix the mess up and take a few deep breaths before the first day began. Once she got home from school....It was a GREAT first day??!!! Ok, so glad it was for her!! Soo...needless to say, we didn't get the first day picture, but we faked it on the second day!!

And then we have Cade's third day of school....Daddy stayed home to watch him get on the bus! 



We love his bus driver, Mrs. Dawn and Ms. Joy (the helper)! They are great and so sweet to the kids!!

Cade had a great first week of school!! He had some minor misbehavior but the transition from daycare to big school is rough at first because they are getting used to the new rules and the excitement is hard to contain. Overall though, Cade is officially in big school and doing great!! 
We did have one minor issue the second week of school. Cade's teach misunderstood me and thought I said he was riding the bus home so on Monday of the second week I went to pick him up in carpool and they told me he wasn't there that I needed to pull up and park!!! WHAT??!!! So I frantically did...ran inside and found the teacher aid for his class who then told me "Cade has already left, he got in the car with someone else." I said "Um NO!!! He should not have gotten in the car with ANYONE else!!!!!" She responded that she was pretty sure he did b/c she walked him down herself. You can imagine the panic over me at this moment....I was hysterical, crying, angry, and wondering where is my child??!! Luckily his teacher came around the corner shortly after stating that she put him on the bus. I wasn't confident in that answer, so I told the teacher and principal they needed to make sure and I was on my way to find the bus and make sure that was the case because I was told he got in the car with someone else. I got in my car, drove around Zachary until I found his bus...stopped my car in front of the bus and jumped out.....luckily he WAS on the bus!!!! I was a mess once I had him in my arms, so thankful and grateful he was safe and not in the car with someone else. You better believe I called and spoke with the principal about the transportation policies and what was mistakenly said that day. And so far we have had no more issues. But a parents worst nightmare happened to me that day, luckily he was safe and sound on the bus!!! For about a week after that we had issues with Cade getting on the bus because I think he associated me crying with him on the bus, but his bus driver was so sweet and would text me every day and let me know he was fine once he got off and he eventually got over that. 

Let's hope we have a better school year after this!! I have faith we will, so far the school has been great as well as his teachers. Mistakes happen, it's just harder to swallow when it involves your 4 year old child not knowing where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment