Sunday, March 3, 2013

Parker Blake Poland

I finally got to meet my nephew Parker Blake Poland on February 18, 2013, exactly four weeks after his birth.
 
Since he was in the NICU, my kids were sick, then I got sick twice, and Dani was exposed to the flu it took a while before we were all comfortable with me being around Parker. I made the executive decision to go by myself for a couple of days for the first visit so we wouldn't risk transmitting any unnecessary germs!!

 
I was VERY excited about a couple of days to head to my sister's house alone and be the "fun" aunt that I never have really gotten to be for Briggs because usually every time we are around him I have my boys and the attention is spread thin.
 
"Aunt Babby" arrived very early on Monday morning.....Briggs wasn't as excited as I was when I got there.....He was majorly checking me out!! Haha...

 
But he eventually started warming up to me....



I got plenty of snuggle time in while I was there....Parker was just pure sweetness!!!!  Sleeping and eating is what he did best!! He is a very good baby and I enjoyed every minute of his sweet cuddles....

 
Briggs is such a big helper already...he loves to help carry the baby!

 
We took a trip to the park one afternoon....



Iris and I even snuck away for a movie one night and left Justin by himself with both kids for the first time! Sister time was a must since we don't get to do it that often!! The boys were pretty good for Justin and we didn't get any "Come home now" calls, so that was good.
 
We had a lot of fun and we saw the movie Safe Haven. I love my big sis so much and hope to one day be closer so we can all have more time together making memories!

 
I already miss these boys like crazy!! I can't wait for Parker to meet his cousins in a couple of weeks!!

 
Until then I will cherish the time I had with both of these boys!

 
Thanks to Josh for holding down the fort at our house while I was gone!! He always does a great job with the kids when I have to leave, which isn't often. If you know me, being separated from my boys is SO HARD!!! They were both very happy to see mommy come home and I got some major snuggle time in my first night back. We had a little silly time with my phone too, I love all of my men in my life so much, I am blessed!!!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment