Friday, March 1, 2013

Brooks-21 Months

Brooks is growing up so fast!!
 
He has grown FOUR inches since his first birthday!
 
He is talking up a storm!! I have people tell me all the time how well he talks. He will pretty much say anything you tell him to, or at least try. He can usually communicate pretty clearly what he wants with the exception of a few things, but if he can't say it he will certainly show you what he wants! We are working on identification of ABC's, numbers and colors. He tries to sing the ABC song, but it is hard to understand him. He has all of his animals and animal noises down pretty good aside from the tricky ones, like anteaters and what not!
 
He still has a slight obsession with "motorcycyules". You will him with one in hand about 85% of the time!
 
 
 


Surprisingly he is very cautious around new things he isn't sure about. This pic was taken at a birthday party a couple of days ago. Cade will just take off and play with no problems, but Brooks is extremely cautious and it takes him a while to get comfortable with his new surroundings. I was finally able to get him to warm up to the idea of "driving the fire truck" and he sat here for about 15 minutes watching all of the other kids.
 
This is so funny to me if you know Brooks and Cade's personalities. Cade is usually the Mr. Cautious and Brooks is the dare devil, but recently in certain situations, their roles are reversing. I am sure it is just his age.....let's hope!
 
This picture makes me so S.A.D. because he looks like such a big boy with his hair in a little mini mohawk!!
 
I cannot believe how fast my babies have grown up and now I have TWO big boys.
 
He really looks up to Daddy and loves to help him do anything and everything around the house. Josh was installing gutters on this day and Brooks saw he had a hammer in hand, he went inside, found his hammer in his toy box, and came back outside to "help".
 
He is so aware of his surroundings and is a very observant child. His teachers at school tell me all the time how incredibly smart he is....sometimes almost too smart!!
 
Watch out world we officially have JOSH JUNIOR!!!!!

 
He officially has NO paci and is sleeping in the big boy bed, NO MORE CRIB!!! He helped Daddy take it down last weekend....which was a bittersweet moment for mom!

 
Now this is what we often walk in to find after putting the boys to bed at night...so sweet!!
 
Some other fun facts about Brooks....
 
He weighs about 29 lbs.
 
His favorite food is fruit snacks, seriously the child could eat about 30 packs a day!! I have to leave the pantry closed b/c if I don't he will continously bring me a pack to open. Other than that he is actually a really decent eater. He will usually try anything you put in front of him. He loves to eat fish, pizza, pasta, veggies, and cheerios. He has his picky days, but don't we all??!
 
He has started singing alot. He has a certain song that he does the motions to and then he will put his little hands on his face and say "Hooray"!! We have yet to figure out what he is singing but I am pretty sure it is "If You Are Happy and You Know It".
 
He loves to play outside and usually chooses to ride either the bike or the 4-wheeler.
 
He is quite the mommy's boy, which melts my heart!! But he certainly loves his daddy too. There aren't many things that are more fun than play time with daddy!!
 
Every day when I get him at daycare he gets SOOO excited and comes running to me and will NOT let me put him down until we get to the car. Now don't get me wrong, he loves going to school every day, he just really gets so excited when I get there, which of course makes me feel so good! And when daddy gets home, he is the first one at the door jumping to get picked up by him, which is one of Josh's favorite times of the day! These are the moments where I think to myself, how did I ever live without these little guys??!!  
 

We are blessed to have this sweet little man in our lives. I cannot believe he is almost 2 years old. Stay tuned for the joint birthday party on April 27th!!
 
Until next time.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment