Friday, August 3, 2012

Big Boy Brooks


The time has come for my little man to grow up....just a little bit.....meaning he had to move up to a big boy class at daycare and he didn't like it at all!!!

August 1st was his first day in the 1-2 year old class. He had 5 friends move up with him and one of his teachers Mrs. Rachel. He also got the pleasure of moving up to Ms. Linda's class!! Cade loved being in her class so we are hoping Brooks warms up to her soon.


Wednesday morning when I took him into daycare the director, Mrs. Stacey, said "This is the one I am worried about today with all of the kids moving up". UH OH you know that is never good when all of the classes in the daycare are moving up and she is worried about my child.....I mean we all knew it had to happen one day, right??!!

In May of this year we tried to move Brooks up when he turned one, but he SCREAMED for one day straight and was miserable the next morning so I requested that they move him back until he was more prepared to move up, the teachers and director agreed that he just simply wasn't ready. The next class is 1-2 years, which at such a young age, that can be a pretty big difference in things they are capable of!! We all agreed that he at least needed to be walking before moving up.

Well since he didn't move up in May the next promotion date was in August, so he had to wait an extra few months, but he didn't mind one bit because he was SPOILED ROTTEN by his teachers in the baby room. He LOVED all of his teachers in there and thank goodness Mrs. Rachel got to move up to his new classroom with him, I believe that made a huge difference!!

His first day in the big boy class was not great, it sounds like he cried most of the day. When I picked him up Mrs. Stacey said it was a rough day to say the least. Her exact words at one point were "he is just so sentitive and he just doesn't adjust well to change". I can tell you I checked on him about 9 times that day through the video camera system, but it is so hard to tell through the cameras if they are crying or not. Thankfully he did get a lot of special attention and loving that day and he made it through. He did look rough when I picked him up. He couldn't get to me fast enough, he started crying as he was running to me, I think it was a sweet relief cry!!...Poor buddy....those days are hard for me to handle knowing that he is miserable. BUT I know he is in good hands at the daycare and that made it much easier for both of us!!

 The second day he did much better. He followed Mrs. Rachel around most of the day as her little shadow, but there was minimal crying and he didn't have his pacifier ALL day!! His third day (today) he did GREAT!!! No crying at all, no pacifier, he ate great and took a long nap, he was even dancing when I picked him up. HOORAY...Brooks is becoming a big boy!!

I also took him to get a big boy haircut today, you can tell in the picture on the right hand side!! I caught him playing with his trucks and couldn't pass up this sweet little face....so adorable and innocent  (cough--cough YEAH RIGHT!!)  I have to take pictures of his sweet little face when I catch it so that when I catch him throwing corn all over the kitchen or feroucisouly scattering the DVD's off of the rack or pouring his juice out on the floor while smiling at me because he know he shouldn't....sigh.....I can look at his adorable little face and forget all of that happened....and yes, all of that happened TODAY in a matter of a one hour time span!!! He is a stinker....but we LOVE every bit of him!!!!

HOORAY for BROOKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment