Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Art

We had teacher appreciation week last week at the daycare....we got creative and made some little pictures for the boy's teachers. I also made one for me and the grandmas for Mother's day as well....

We got our supplies ready...


We quickly realized the type of paint that the lady at Michaels told us to get was not going to get the job done properly....so we loaded up in the car to head to the old trusty Zachary Walmart (for those of you who have the pleasure of shopping at the Zachary Walmart you know that is a complete JOKE!!!) Luckily after three aisles I found the right kind of paint....


Making progress....we did feet first....


Brooks was not enjoying his painting experience...haha


Then we did hands...Cade loved painting....I quickly learned that clothes needed to be stripped off, especially when doing their hands, I only ruined two shirts during our project...lesson learned for next time.... 


The finished project, his teachers LOVED it, one responded "You are such a great little momma", something every mom likes to hear :) 

Here is the one I made for myself and the grandmas...I will always treasure it....I love things like this that capture the growth of their hands and feet and it will forever remind me of our first paint project together :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment