Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Orleans

Last weekend Brooks and I took a trip to New Orleans to see my sister and her family. Cade and Daddy didn't come b/c we had some other family in town so they stayed behind for this trip. Uncle Justin was running his first half marathon in New Orleans so we left bright and early to cheer him on at the finish line.....
He did great and finished right under 2 hours!!





Funny story though, we ALMOST didn't make it in time for the finish line so we were maneuvering all kinds of ways through the crowds and finally got to the finish line and we were blocked off!! One of my sister's friends who lives in New Orleans was with us helping us maneuver the streets and area. When we got to the blocked off area we maybe 100 feet from the finish line so I told Iris ya'll go and I will stay here with the babies.....They jumped the first barricade (pic below) and then.....
got stopped by security....I was yelling, JUST GO!!! The "security" (which you can tell from the picture she wasn't all that intimidating) was telling her if you just run there is nothing I can do....so Iris took off over the second barricade and made it to the finish line in time to shout out to her man as he crossed over!!! OK let me just tell you it was HALARIOUS watching Ms. Goody too shoos who never breaks the rules run from security!!! She made me proud :)
After the race with the sweetest little nephew I have....I mean serioiusly how can you not love those cheeks :)
Us with our babies....Briggs is ALWAYS smiling and he thinks everything is so funny!! HAHA, I love that kid!!
Then we went back to the hotel so Uncle Justin could take a shower. The boys got some play time in on the floor...they are best buddies!!
Then we ate some lunch at the Palace Cafe which was YUMMY!!!!
I had some good gumbo and a blue cheese salad that was all delicious...don't worry I finished the bowl off after my picture....

Here is s sweet picture of my little buddy for the day, he was quite a trooper!!
Then we were off to the aquarium...and let me tell you these babies could have cared less about the fish and sharks but oh well we had fun nevertheless!!



We had a great time in New Orleans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment