Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Memories are worth the puking...right??!!

This past weekend my sister and I had planned to go to the jewelry show in New Orleans, we have both been looking forward to this over the last few months. She was going to drive down from Birmingham with the hubs and Briggs and we were going to leave the kids behind and shop our tails off at the jewelry show......which for those of you who don't know is this awesome, discounted huge shopping extravaganza where vendors with purses, jewelry, clothes, housewares, and anything in between set up booths and you are supposed to get great deals....which we aren't always sure is the case but at least you feel like you are getting a great price :) We have been going to the jewelry show together for the last 5 or so years and we always have a BLAST when we go.....it just is kind of "our thing".

Well last Thursday Briggs threw up and they ultimately decided it was best not to come at risk of getting sick on the road and spreading the virus. While we were both disappointed but of course agreed it was the best thing. Then Saturday morning rolled around and I was so sad and it just wasn't going to be the same and decided not to go b/c it was our thing to go together and I really didn't need anything it was more of a leisure trip with my big sis. So I called Iris and let her know I wasn't going and I would just hold out for the May trip. About 10 minutes later I get a call that they decided to pack up and come b/c Briggs had not gotten sick since late Thursday night and she really wanted to come to market with me so we would change our plans slightly and go a day later. I was SO excited!!!

They hopped in the car after throwing some things together and were off. Brooks went to play with Briggs while Iris and I went to market. Uncle Justin and his mom babysat for us. They had so much fun!!! Cade stayed with daddy for the day and did some man things around the house.....mowed the yard, played outside, ate Taco Bell (yes, I think only men like Taco Bell)

Iris and I had so much fun at market, as usual. We got the cutest purse (yes, we both got the same one) and some cute jewelry and a couple of other things for ourselves and somethign for the kids.....see the pic below of some of the things we got. It was just so great to have time a little QT together without the kids and talk about grown up things....of course we did talk about the kids a lot too :) I just love my big sis....her little family taking that trip for me meant a lot and I really enjoyed our time together.

We went and picked up the babies and then Iris and family came and spent the night at our house on Sunday. We did a little fishing at the lake with Cade, fed the ducks again, played at the house, Justin took some great pics of the boys, all before I fell in the lake......yes that's right I fell in the neighborhood lake. I was trying to get the kids to smile for the pictures and with no perception of where I was in reference to the lake I just slid right in....it was halarious for everyone, even the family we just met down the street that saw the whole thing....EMBARRASING!!!

We ate dinner at Sammy's complete with some cheesesticks, fried pickles, some crawfish, shrimp po-boys and hamburges.....Sammy's = YUMMY!!! And in the middle of dinner, Brooks decides to spill a WHOLE glass of water on me!!! Yep that was my completely soaked moment #2 of the day :) What can you do but laugh??!! We came home and enjoyed a couple more hours of QT. It was a great weekend!!

We were left with great memories and maybe a stomach virus :) I can't say for sure that is where Brooks got it, but there is a great chance our sweet nephew/cousin Briggs left us with more than just those sweet kisses and memories....that's okay though, it was worth it......right??!! YES!!!

some cousin love......


Sisters :)                                                                     Some of our goodies.....


The boys.....so cute :)

Going for a stroll....

Catching some fish...he is a pro already :)


Brooks showing Briggs how to drink some gatorade....(Don't worry he wasn't really drinking it)

Seriously....how cute are they???!!! Thanks uncle Justin for taking such good pics....it makes our mommy happy :)


And...then I fell in the lake.....

A little more fishing.....and yes we took the nice shirt off for this one so it didn't get dirty....

And wet pants picture #2...

No comments:

Post a Comment