Saturday, March 15, 2014

SUPRISE!!!!

So I mentioned in my last post that we celebrate my 30th birthday this year!! 
Little did I know that I would be celebrating it with a SURPRISE birthday party!!! 


So to start off, Heather (my bestie) and I turned 30 a week apart and we had always talked about throwing ourselves a birthday party to celebrate. So about a month before the big days, we started planning the big night. We texted our friends from high school, college and church and told them that we were planning to go out to eat for our birthdays. We got our husbands assigned to reserve the room at the restaurant and get the cakes. 

Little did we know they had ALREADY planned a surprise party for both of us. So as we were planning our own party, they were working behind the scenes to re-route the party back to Heather's parents house for the big surprise. Apparently we made it really difficult for them....woops!!! 

My parents were in town for that weekend too and we had already pre-planned that they would watch the boys for us while we had our party. Once again, little did I know what was really happening. They made sure they were here for the big surprise!!! They were sneaky and told me they were taking the boys to play at the park and out to eat, but really they were driving to Denham Springs to Heather's parents house for the party.  We all looked so cute that we even took some pictures before, at this point I was still clueless and never thought anything different! 




So the plan was we were going to meet everyone at Coyote Blues for Dinner in Baton Rouge, but first we had to take Heather's kids to her parents house which was waaay out of the way so the guys (Josh and Tommy) told us they all wanted us to ride together b/c they had a surprise for us after dinner. 

Still thinking nothing of it all, we agreed. Once we got to Heather's parents house they told us to take the boys inside while they got the cake and put it in the car. Heather and I started joking since there were a couple of cars in the driveway (most of them were hidden where we couldn't see them) that wouldn't it be funny if there was a surprise party for us inside.....and then we walked inside to EVERYONE there yelling "SUPRISE!!!"
It was really perfect!!! Our husbands and moms really outdid themselves. They planned it perfectly and had every detail really thought out. Complete with our favorite colors, a video for each of us with pictures from when we were babies until now, poster board displays for each of us with pictures, and TONS of food, friends and fun!!!


They also had picture books made of all the pictures from birth until now....I am still so blown away and grateful for all of the details, planning, time and effort that everyone put in to make our 30th birthday so special!!!! 







All of our friends and family gathered for our birthdays, so sweet!!! Some of the family was missing due to distance, Dani was at her mom's that weekend as well. My poor sister and her family were supposed to be there but they were unable to come at the very last minute due to her kids getting sick!! She was so heartbroken, but they were able to attend the party via face time, thank goodness for technology! 



I am so thankful my parents and brother were there!! They were the first faces I saw when I came in the door for the big surprise!! 
Heather's aunts...

All of the girls from high school that have stuck together!! We are all taking a girls trip to LA together in a few months...can't wait!




They literally put 30 candles on the cake!!!!






The couples that have been together since college!! Such a precious, special group of friends we have! 
Look at this awesome display table...isn't it so beautiful!!!



Thank you again for making this night one that I will always remember!!! I am probably one of the toughest people to surprise b/c I like to know what's going on and I am extremely observant/nosey, but I am so impressed with our husbands who were able to pull all of this off perfectly (with a lot of help from our moms)!! Thankful we have such thoughtful family and friends and I an also so grateful for my best friend Heather that we get to go through life together celebrating and continuing to make memories together!!!! Here is to 30 more years together!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment