Saturday, March 15, 2014

Birthday Weekend

Poppa, Rara and Uncle Russ came in town last weekend!! It was supposed to be a birthday celebration weekend and Iris and her family were coming too, but then they all got sick so it wound up being just my parents and Russ.
First morning they were there we had some little duck visitors in our yard....the boys had fun chasing and feeding the ducks!


We only had one day of play time since they had to get Russ back to school for Sunday night in AL, so we took full advantage of our time!

Saturday morning we took everyone out to Grandpere and DD's new property located about 20 minutes from our house, rode 4 wheelers and threw rocks in the river.




Presenting the new beach front property on the Comite River....this is my new favorite beach, as long as the alligators stay away!!!!




Then we got some crawfish to go from the one and only Tony's Seafood.


After our crawfish feast we had a little birthday celebration with some yummy cupcakes Rara brought....



Then that night Josh and I were heading out for what I thought was a joint 30th birthday bash for Heather and I that we had planned for each other at a restaurant with some of our friends from college and church. Mom, Dad and Russ were "taking the boys to the playground and then out to eat"....



Come to find out, Josh and Tommy had planned a SURPRISE 30th Birthday party for Heather and I that we had no idea about at Heather's parents house....see here for more on that!! 


So since the boys never got to go to the playground like they were told on Saturday night, we all skipped church on Sunday morning and headed over to the local park for some early morning fun before they headed out on the road for AL! 






We always make great memories in the short time we get to spend together!! I am thankful they were all able to be here for the weekend, especially for my surprise party. I will always remember my parent's faces were the first ones I saw when I walked in the door that night!!
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment