Sunday, September 15, 2013

Student Government Election Time


Dani got selected by her History class to run for the 7th grade, Team B student government representative. They have three teams in each grade and they get to elect one representative for each team. She had to run against 4 other people. So we started off making posters.....

Which required taking pictures to put on the poster. So among all of the shots we took, we chose.....







This winner.....


Then we made her two posters that she was allowed to make. 

We came up with her slogan "Make Dani one of your favs, choose her to represent our Braves!"


Then it was time for the speech writing! 

After many revisions we had the final draft ready....

 
    "Hi. My name is Danielle Hebert, but most people call me Dani. If you don’t know me already, I have a fun personality and I enjoy school activities like swim team and choir.  I know that I would be your best choice of SGA representative and have some great ideas of my own.  I’d love for us to have a talent show and a student/teacher kick ball game.  I would also like to have more free-dress days and grade vs. grade competitions.  But most importantly, I look forward to hearing your ideas and working to make them a reality. 
             So remember, my name is Dani, YOU need to make ME your fave and choose ME to represent OUR braves! "
 
Unfortunately after all of her hard work and preparation, Dani did not win for Team 7B representative. Regardless we were proud of her for how hard she tried...maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment