Monday, July 8, 2013

Potty Training Update

Potty Training Update at last!!
 
I am sure you are wondering if the boys are potty trained yet, well the answer is obviously NO, but we made a huge leap of progress this weekend!!
 
We had a long weekend due to the 4th of July so everyone wore their big boy pants and we struggled through the pee on the floor, couch, and beds and poop in the pants (luckily we had none of that on the floor)!! 
 
I think it helped that they both did it together! Brooks is in the stage where he has to do everything Cade does, so it really encouraged him to use the potty.  I know I know, I am crazy for trying to train both at once, but hey, sometimes it's just best to knock it all out at once, right??!! 

I mean I have seriously tried every other trick in the book and the potty has defeated me for so long that I was up for anything at this point! 
 
 
To my surprise, they both did really great!! Cade has done great at home for a while now. But he just refuses to use any potty but "Mommy's potty". So daycare has been our struggle for the past few months. He kicks and screams if you try to get him to potty on the daycare toilet. We have learned recently that Cade has become very stubborn. Hmm, wonder where he gets that from??!! Fir example, with swimming and potty training he refuses to do it even though he is very capable until HE is ready or is made to do it out of necessity. So since we used big boy pants all weekend, I sent him to school in them this morning and we had a long talk about using the potty. I was hoping since he knew he didn't have a diaper on it would force him to have to use the potty and so....He had ZERO accidents....he finally used the potty!!!! WAHOO!! One giant leap for the potty trainer!!

 
Brooks has actually been the opposite, he will go at daycare and then he doesn't want to go at home. However, he did awesome this weekend. He found a new hobby of pooping in the potty and he wants to show me EVERY time he does it!! He seriously poops like 10 times every day...but he didn't have one accident all weekend, which was HUGE for him!! Brooks only had one small accident at the very end of the school day...makes me a proud momma!! 
 
Funny story....I told him to use the potty, so he went in the 1/2 bath and shut the door. After a few seconds of silence I called his name.....no answer....I opened the door to this little scene!!!! I must admit I did chuckle a little and then grabbed the camera!! Caught in the act....what is it about TP that they just can't resist???!!!
 
 
I can say I was very proud of both of my boys this weekend!! After struggling so long with potty training, especially with Cade, I feel a huge victory against the potty today!! We made great progress! Hopefully he has overcome his fear of the potty at daycare and they will both continue to make progress until NO MORE DIAPERS!!!!!

 

They made mommy and daddy so proud today by being such big boys so we took them out for an ice cream treat after dinner!! 


Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment