Sunday, June 2, 2013

Girls Night Out in New Orleans

 We had a fun girls night out to kick off the summer!! Dani, Aunt Mandie and I took a little short road trip to New Orleans for girls night out to see the Broadway play "Wicked".
 
We got all dressed up and were ready to go out for the night!!
 
 
We decided since we were dressed up all fancy we would make it a fun night and go out to eat as well at a well known New Orleans restaurant. After many recommendations we selected Redfish Grill.....

 
I got the grilled redfish topped with shrimp in a lemon butter sauce which was so delicious!!! Aunt Mandie got the pesto shrimp pasta and Dani got the New Orleans shrimp and grits. Everyone seemed pleased with their dinners...then it was off to the play!



 
 
First though we had to document Dani's first trip on to Bourbon street, since that is where the restaurant was located. Luckily we only had to go one block in to get to our restaurant but it was still picture worthy. We didn't allow her to go any further and told her to keep her eyes on us, but she still got a pretty good whiff of how Bourbon really smells!!

 
Then we took a short drive to the theatre....
 


 
Throwing up the "W" for Wicked....

 
 
This was the only picture I got before we got in trouble for taking pics. The seats were very good and we REALLY enjoyed the performance!! I have always wanted to see this play since I went to New York many years ago. I am so glad that I got to take Dani with me to experience it, especially since we recently saw the Wizard of Oz at the High School. It was a fabulous play...one I would definitely see again!!
 
 
Thanks to DD for paying for our tickets!! We had a great time on our GNO (Girls Night Out)!
 
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment