Monday, September 3, 2012

Birmingham Trip

 
A couple of weeks ago, we traveled up to Birmingham for a visit with my sister's family.
 
You will probably notice that Josh and Dani are not pictured, that is because neither were on this trip with us. Josh had a previously scheduled trip with his friends and Dani was in Houston. So, thankfully my mom was available to fly in to BR to make the drive there and back with me and the boys!! Thank goodness because it definitely would have been interesting trying to attempt that by myself...more on that later.
 
Enjoy the pictures.....
 
 Soaking up some time with the grand babies.....
 This poor cat was tortured by the kids, haha!! By the end of it Cade was chasing it every time it would come close to us...quite funny!!
Some cute little men, having fun outside together with their push toys. These were the hit of the weekend and they would all fight over the Lightening McQueen Car....

Not sure what Cade is doing here....quite a distressed look!
And this is what happens when the push toy gets taken away, haha!
 
 
 Uncle Russ was the cool uncle all weekend. I think we wore him out, especially since daddy wasn't around!! He was the one who they jumped on and loved to play with....specifically Cade "I want to fly uncle Russ!!" He is so great with all of the kids and they love their Uncle Russ!!
Brooks was my dad's little buddy all weekend, anytime he saw his Papa, he was happy as long as he was in his arms, so sweet!!
 Briggs making a silly face....those eyes are going to be lady killers one day.....
 
I love my Sister!!
She is pregnant with #2 due in February....
 

 My dad thought he was so funny covering up my LSU sticker with his fancy "Go Bama" sign....don't worry it didn't stay on there long!!

 Such a sweet little picture with Uncle Russ and all his little buddies!!
 Brooks man with his little scrunchy face on....this picture was quite the hit....it makes me laugh every time I look at it just imagining what was going through his little mind....
 
And below we have another classic..."Don't take a picture of my mommy" picture...haha I love that face!!



We had a great time with the family, as always!! It is so fun to get together now, especially with the boys being so close in age, they love playing together!!
 
 Nana/Great Nana also came over one morning for a visit. She is a quick trip kind of grandma, if you blink you might miss her!! We got a few pictures with her and the kids. She just loves to come and love on everyone for a couple of hours and then she is back on the road again!!

That afternoon the Parker family all corralled in for a visit at Iris' house. We grilled out and hung out together at the house for the afternoon, it is always great to have the family together!!
 
Pa and Gramme

 The boys did a great job grilling out those burgers and hot dogs!!
 Some snap shots of the crew.....



 
 Family Pic Time....
The Jonathan Parker Family
(my dad's brother)
 
 The Becky Kidd Family
(my dad's sister)
 
 The Stephen Parker Family
(my dad's brother)
 
And of course our family
(minus Josh and Dani)


And then we have Gramme and Pa with the great grand babies....
(my boys were rather upset they had to take a picture, ha, they love them I promise :)) 
 
 Again, we had a great time getting to see everyone and spending some great quality time together!! Cade is still asking to "Go see Papa, Rara, Uncle Russ" three weeks later. Probably because he knows he gets to do whatever he wants when they are around!! It is always so bittersweet getting together because I wish we were all closer to have gatherings like this more often. My prayer is that one day that will be true and I try to cherish the moments we have until next time!! Wow, how blessed are we to have such a beautiful, loving family!! Luckily, we always have numerous photographers to capture the moments we have together. Until next time.....LOVE YOU ALL!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment