Friday, July 25, 2014

Strep Sickness

A few weeks ago, Brooks woke up in the  middle of the night throwing up. I immediately assumed it was a stomach virus and began my ritual of sanitizing every inch of the house!! He started running a high fever later that day, but the throw up subsided after I started giving him Zofran.
 
When he was medicated with Zofran and advil he acted fine so I just assumed it would pass, but called the doctor to talk about his fever since it was so high. She suggested that I bring him in the next day if it didn't stop to test him for strep throat. I really didn't think that's what it was since he was eating and drinking fine.
 
Later that night he started feeling really bad, asking for medicine for his throat and that's when I realized the doctor was probably right. We got an appointment the next morning and sure enough, it was strep throat!!!
 
First time either of the boys had it, I felt terrible.....since I was so sure that his sickness was a stomach virus!! This was the first time I cried in the doctor's office!! Poor buddy felt terrible, so we quickly got his medicine and went home for some good snuggle time!
 


 
Three weeks later....brother started having fever, throat hurting and fatigue. He would tell me when he would cough, his throat would hurt. I took him to work with me that morning until we could get a doctors appointment, but sure enough, he had strep throat too!!
 
In a matter of weeks both of my boys had strep for the first time!!!



Cade was sad he had to get his throat swabbed, but happy we were able to get him medicine quickly to help him feel much better!! 
 
Luckily the boys have been pretty healthy this year despite the two rounds of strep we had lately!! Hopefully our luck will continue after this round. Their immune systems should start kicking in soon...right??!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment