Saturday, January 25, 2014

Christmas Painting Tradition


Yes, yes I know I am a little late on getting this done for 2013....but hey, better late than never, right??!!
 
 
So we FINALLY went to paint our annual tradition of our Christmas plate for the 3rd year now. I am hoping we can make it to at least 10 years so that I will have a full place setting.




 
The kids had a lot of fun painting their hands and fingers. I decided this year we would do a Christmas wreath theme. Dani's hands were the base of the wreath, since they are so big it was a good base and then the boys put their hand prints around in a lighter color to fill in the gaps. 


Dani then went back with her finger prints and made the berries. I attempted to paint the boy and names on there, but ultimately got the shop owner to straighten out my bow and spruce it up a little.

 
Overall I was very pleased with the outcome and it is certainly something that I will always treasure!!

 
I LOVE all of my Christmas plates and look forward to future years ahead of our Christmas plate painting tradition!!

 
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment