Wednesday, November 27, 2013

YEC

Dani had her first youth trip to YEC which stands for Youth Evangelistic Conference in Alexandria, LA.
 

 
I was asked to be a chaperone, so I took off a couple of days of work and went along on my first youth trip as an adult chaperone!!

 
 
 
These were our roomies for room 106!! 

 
The kids had a blast and so did I!! They had a great speaker named Azheem Ziafat who did an amazing job of bringing the Word to the students and leaders!! So many lives were changed that weekend and that's what it's really all about...changing lives for Jesus Christ!!

 
One afternoon we had a couple of free hours so we went shopping at a local mall. Dani and I found some funny calendars!!


 
The last night we were there was the rap concert. Dani saw a whole new side of Momma A!! I taught her some of my old dance moves.....we had a great time dancing and being silly together!!! 
 
Some of my other fav girls from my 10th grade Sunday School class.....


 
The morning that we ere scheduled to leave, I walked to my car to start packing it up and realized that the suspension was busted!! So the youth group had to leave me in Alexandria while I spent two hours getting my car fixed up so it was safe for me to drive home!!

 
 
Regardless of the crazy ending to the trip, it was worth it to be able to chaperone on Dani's first of many youth trips and to see her experience God in a new way that she never has before!! I look forward to many more trips....
 
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment