Saturday, October 6, 2012

Two and a Half Years



Happy 2 1/2 years to Cade!!!
 


Wow, how time flies!!!
 
 
Some fun facts about Cade:
 

-He weighs 34 lbs and is 3 feet tall. He wears a size 9.5 shoe!! He is starting to slim down and look like a big boy now, it is really kid of sad, I am certainly not ready for my baby to grow up!!!!
 
-He has a very tender heart which sometimes means he gets his feeling hurt too easily. But most of the time he makes sure to take care of those around him. He is such a sweety!!! Like when we go to the grocery store and I am loading the groceries, he will yell from his carseat, "You got it mom?!"

-He is SUPER smart!!! He can count to 20, sing pretty much any song that he hears more than once, recite his ABC's, shapes and colors, he can "read" Go Dog Go" from memory! The boy seriously amazes me every day by things that he learns! Lately he has been making shapes out of his hands and saying "Mom what's this shape?".

-He is a VERY perceptive little boy. He notices things around him that children his age normally would not. He can hear airplanes coming in the sky before I do (we live close to an airport so we see them frequently), he likes to point out things he sees and knows to me while we are walking or driving in the car.

-He speaks very well for his age. He is talking in complete sentences now and his famous phrase right now is "Why not??". He likes to ask that if I tell him no about something and will continue to ask it until I give him an acceptable answer...hmm wonder where he gets that from??!
 
-He loves to play outside, slide on the slide, go for walks to feed the ducks at the pond, play in the water and he loves to "go run" as he says....and that literally means run!! He loves to watch movies, Cars and Toy Story 2 & 3 are his favorite, his favorite food is still pizza, cereal and fruit (yes, he is still an extremely picky eater).

-We are working on potty training, but so far he really isn't interested except for playing with the toilet water...GROSS!!! Occasionally he pee pee's in the potty at home, but once he goes to daycare he absolutely refuses to go near the potty....so we are waiting for him to get more comfortable there.
 
-He already loves to "go to church" and usually asks every night if we can go. He already knows that he learns about Jesus at church, I am sure he doesn't grasp fully who Jesus is, but it excites me that he knows that is what church is for!! He cracks us up every night at dinner when he says the blessing for us because we cannot understand anything he says and it is a seriously LOOONG prayer!! It must be what they say at school, but we have yet to translate it.



The last two and a half years have been so amazing for me!! Being a mom to Cade is a true blessing. He is a very joyful, compassionate, caring little boy and he already makes sure to always take care of his mommy, which melts my heart!! Don't get me wrong though, at times he certinaly loves to act tough like his daddy by riding the four wheeler or playing in the mud. Being a parent is definitely a tough job at times because you constantly worry about what the future holds for your children, but I try to be continually thankful for Cade being healthy, smart, and just simply adorable!!! I just hope and pray that Josh and I are doing all that we can to raise him into a Godly young man. We cherish him so much and our hearts overflow with joy and gratefulness for the last two and a half years with Cade being in our lives as our first born son!!!!
 
 
I will love him forever,
I will like him always,
As long as I am living my baby he will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment