Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Happy Birthday Mom!

I had quite the special birthday this year!!
 

Dani wrote me a poem, which literally brought me to tears titled "Like a Mom"
You took me in like a mother,
you took that step to let me in,
I think the reason I call you
"step mother" is because all of those
motherly steps you took to get here.
 
We may quarrel from time to time,
you may say yes when I say no,
but nothing comes close to the bond,
we have as a duo.
 
When I felt sorrow, you gave me joy.
When I fell, you picked me up.
Yes, these last few steps we
have stumbled, but we made it
through, O' yes, the reason I call
you "mother" is because you truly are
one to me, and I hope
you always will be. 
Seriously, it was the sweetest thing she has ever given, said or done for me!! I will cherish it forever!
 
The Saturday before my birthday we decided to celebrate a little early. So we dressed up nice, and headed to the big city! 
 


We had fun eating at Coyote Blues and then we went and got beignets afterwards.
 
My actual birthday was on a Monday so when I got home from church on Sunday night the boys had homemade me a cookie cake...which was the best one I had ever had, simply because it was made with love and also the awesome decorating!! 
 
And then they gave me their gift which Josh said they picked out themselves, red skillet pans!! What a thoughtful gift, right??!! Love these boys!
 
They also picked out birthday cards for me....Cade's was especially funny because it was a "Happy Easter" card but he was so excited to give it to me because he said "See mommy, it's all about the cross"!! Oh how right he is!


Another birthday in the books, Just one week shy of Judd's arrival!
 
Looking forward to a great year ahead as 31 years old! 

No comments:

Post a Comment