Monday, September 15, 2014

Chicago

Josh and I recently booked a YOLO (You only live once) trip to Chicago to make a bucket list item off of Josh's list, to see Garth Brooks in concert. Garth Brooks announced that he was going on a nationwide tour for one last time and Josh has always wanted to see him in concert. I told him we could go wherever he wanted, so he chose his first location just in case something happened and he couldn't continue the tour. So off we went!! My parents came and kept the kids and we met Jenna and Jordan (Josh's cousin and wife) in Chicago! 
Funny thing is, we booked our flight for early Saturday morning, the concert started at 8pm on Saturday night and then we had an early morning flight home Sunday....hence the YOLO meaning of our trip, less than 24 hours!!! 
Once we got to Chicago we boarded the train and headed into downtown for a day our tourism to meet up with Jordan and Jenna!

We started our day off with lunch at Giordano's for a famous Chicago deep dish pizza. It was ok, but I think it was too thick for my taste.


We saw the Sear's tower. Josh couldn't convince me to go to the top, so we viewed from the bottom!

Josh let me take a quick shopping spree in my favorite store, H&M, which was so much fun!!! Then we went through the Hershey's store....which had some LARGE chocolate bars. Luckily neither of us are huge chocolate lovers. 

We walked through Tiffany's just to feel cool, because well we can't afford anything in that store!
We waited in a LONG line for some world famous Garrett popcorn, which was well worth the wait!

We then walked to the Navy Pier which ended my day of walking because I was EXHAUSTED by the time we got there after our total of about 3 miles walking in about 5 hours. BUT we did get a precious skyline picture of Chicago behind us, and well we all know how happy pictures make me!! They capture the memories!


It was time for dinner so I convinced Josh that he needed to get his pregger wife a cab ride because I was no longer able to walk long distances!!
So we took some cliche back seat cab ride pics!

We at dinner at the world famous Chicago Chop House rated the #1 steak restaurant in Chicago, and it was delicious!!!!
Then we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the main event, Garth!! 

Garth put on an AMAZING show!! My favorite part was watching Josh live this moment out!! He didn't stop smiling and singing the entire time. He loved every minute of it and I really enjoyed myself too. Garth played well past 1 am so we were pretty tired, but we kept reminding ourselves...YOLO!!




We were definitely tired when we got on the plane the next morning, neither of us remember take off or landing, but once we got home it was well worth the trip!! Check off the bucket list of seeing Garth!! Now we just hope he travels somewhere closer to home so we can see him one more time!
Meanwhile, the boys were with my parents having a great time!! We took my dad out to eat for his birthday the night before we left for Chicago.

The boys had fun going to the park, Mcdonalds, playing at the house and spending time with Papa and Rara!



Remember....You Only Live Once!!

No comments:

Post a Comment