Sunday, January 6, 2013

2 years and 9 months

Happy 2 Year and 9 Month Bday to Cade!! 
 
 
What a joy he is in our lives and WOW how time flies!!
 
Some fun facts about Cade:
 
He LOVES to sing!! He gets that talent from his daddy. His favorite song is "You Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story, he also loves the ABC song, "Tinkle Tinkle" (twinkle twinkle), I've Got The Joy in My Heart, and Jesus Love Me. Sometimes while he is playing or just riding in the car he will just start singing....so cute!! Once I get out the video camera though he usually stops!
 
He loves to carry around pennies...almost every morning he asks "Mom can I have my penny"...I have learned to have a stash around. He knows now that he doesn't get one until we get in the car and is pretty good about keeping them in his pocket so Brooks doesn't get them, the whole choking hazard factor scares me a little with that one!
 
His daddy taught him who is pictured on a quarter and penny, so next time you see him you should ask. He knows it's George Washington and Abe Lincoln!! Impressive!
 
A weird, cute little habit he has is he LOVES to eat salt, pepper and sugar anytime we go to a restaurant. Hey, it keeps him busy while we wait!!
 
We are working on potty training, he does great at home, but as soon as we leave the house he refuses to use the potty any where else.  Like I said, it is a work in progress....see an update here.
 
He is super smart!! He gets that from his daddy too...he can talk very well, he knows shapes, colors, numbers, abc's, he can work puzzles on the Ipad like a whiz, we argue about if he knows some sight words such as Go, Dog, Cade (yes I know that isn't a sight word) and others. He is a good problem solver when he gets stumped with something and is usually patient enough to figure it out...opposite of his brother!!
 
He has quite the imagination. Now when we ride in the car he makes up things that he sees in the sky, like Lightening McQueen on the sun or Spiderman flying to church!!
 
He loves to play outside and his favorite outside toy is his "Jimmy" which is really his Jeep that he got for Christmas. We aren't sure where he got jimmy from but that's what he calls it. He will just take off in it with Brooks in the passenger seat and drive around the culdesac for hours if we would let them!!

 
He is still really into superheros. His favorite is Spiderman still but he has branched out to Ironman, Batman and Superman. Brooks is following quickly in his footsteps. Looks like we are skipping Barney and going straight to superheros....in some ways I am ok with that!!

He still loves to watch movies. His favorites right now are still Mickey, Toy Story 1 or 3, Lion King, or Beauty and the Beast...hehe one day his friends will probably make fun of them for that one! The boys will ask every night after bath time if they can watch a movie in mommy and daddy's bed, so it is a fun little treat on special nights...although daddy says I am making it a bad habit! I mean snuggle time is so precious to me, how can I resist??!!  
 
He loves to run around the house. Some nights he just runs like 20 laps around the house and says "watch me, I am running!!" Crazy little guy!!

Picky Picky Eater!!!! It drives mommy crazy...but his favorite foods are pizza, cheese sandwich, fruit, yogurt, and ice cream!! Can we say JUNK FOOD JUNKIE!! We have started making him try what I make for dinner and put on his plate and I trick him by putting the squeeze veggies on his plate, which he usually eats b/c he can't see they are green. They still tell me he is a great eater at daycare, so that makes me feel a little better on the weekends when all he wants is cheese...UGH!! However, occasionally he will suprise me by eating some meat if you feed, but that doesn't happen often!

Every night at dinner time he prays for the family. He starts his prayer with "Dear God thank you for this day...." and then he starts talking very quietly so you can't understand him and he says a lot of words and then you can hear him say "thank you for my teachers, thank you for my friends, in Jesus' name Amen". I asked his teachers at daycare what he is saying and it is the morning prayer they say before snack time. SUPER CUTE!!!
 
He has a very sweet heart. His teachers say he is so sweet to the other children in the class and is very good about sharing and taking care of others. He does the same thing here at home (usually) if he gets a snack he makes sure that Brooks has one too. He is a great big brother!! Although, Brooks is starting to teach him some of his bad tricks so lately I have seen a more mischievous side of him coming out...uh oh!! He will always give me hugs and kisses when I ask and sometimes when I don't! He melts my heart when I tuck him in at night and he says "mom you lay down with me" well of course, how could I resist snuggle time??!! That's not going to last forever!

 
 
We cannot imagine how we ever lived without this sweet little man in our lives!! He has his daddy's good looks and brains and he is a momma's boy with his mommy's sweetness (I can almost hear my mom laughing at that one). We are so thankful that God blessed us with his little life and we look forward to the many years ahead as we get to watch him continue to grow and learn. WE LOVE YOU CADE!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment